A wholegrain flatbread pizza recipe with broccoli, courgette, chilli and mozzarella topping from Wholegrain Goodness. An ideal healthy dinner for all the family.
Total time: 1:00
For the base
- 1 kg. strong wholemeal bread flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 sachets of easy bake yeast
- 1 tbsp. roasted fennel seeds
- 6 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- 600 ml. lukewarm water
For the topping
- 320 g. tomato passatta
- 400 g. tenderstem broccoli, blanched in boiling water
- 2 courgettes, peeled into ribbons
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- 24 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 4 mozzarella balls, drained
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 bag of rocket
- rapeseed oil, for drizzling
- To make the base, mix the flour, salt, yeast, fennel seeds, oil and water in the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with a dough hook, for 5 minutes to make a soft, smooth dough.
- Form the dough into a ball and put it in a large, lightly oiled bowl.
- Cover with oiled clingfilm and leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size. This should take about 40 minutes.
- Before adding the toppings, preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C fan, Gas 7.
- To add the toppings, tip the risen dough out onto the work surface and divide it into 8 pieces.
- Oil four large baking sheets and put two portions of dough on each one.
- Flatten each portion out with your hand to an oblong/flatbread shape, about 30 x 18 cm.
- Spread the passatta over each piece of dough.
- Cut the broccoli stems in half lengthways and into smaller pieces and place them in lines down the middle.
- Curl the courgette ribbons and arrange them round the edge. Sprinkle chilli over.
- Add tomato halves then pull apart the mozzarella balls and nestle chunks of the cheese on top.
- Bake, 2 trays at a time, for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with oregano, drizzle with rapeseed oil and garnish each one with a handful of rocket leaves. Serve immediately.