Total time: 1:00
- 300 mL ½ pint milk
- 175 g. 6 oz golden caster sugar
- 75 g. 3 oz dried vine fruit
- 250 g. pack plum medley, chopped or use more dried vine fruit
- 3 tbsp. golden syrup
- 2 tbsp. runny honey
- 350 g. 12 oz self-raising flour, sifted
- 1-2 tbsp ground ginger or mixed spice, sifted
- 3 tbsp. apricot jam
- You will need: a shallow, lightly greased 1kg/2lb loaf tin.
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180°C (170°C in a fan oven). In a large bowl, add milk and sugar, then mix in fruit. Drizzle in syrup and honey and stir well. Next, add flour and spice and mix again till combined.
- Spoon into loaf tin and put in oven for about 45 mins to 1 hour, till golden brown and skewer comes out clean when poked in middle.
- Leave to cool in tin for 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack. Melt a little apricot jam and brush over cake. Slice to serve.
305 calories2g fat