This dish gives a slight twist on the old classic. The perfect winter warmer, ready in just 30 minutes.
Total time: 0:30
Serves: 4 people
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 600 g. carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 ciabatta roll, broken into bite sized pieces
- 35 g. chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion, carrot and ground coriander for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, to make the croutons, toss the bread pieces in the remaining oil and 1 tbsp chopped coriander.
- place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden.
- Puree the soup and stir in the remaining coriander. Serve garnished with the croutons.
- Fat: 7g
- Salt: 1g