This works well as a light lunch or supper that is low in saturated fat and a good source of fibre.
Total time: 0:50
Serves: 4 people
- 225 g. dried split yellow peas
- half of a vegetable stock cube
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- half tsp. hot chilli powder
- 1 tbsp. chopped coriander
- Place the peas, stock cube, onion and 1 liter of water in a large frying pan and bring to the boil.
- Cover and gently simmer for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the oil with the spices and herbs for the Moroccan drizzle
- puree the soup with a hand blender until smooth.
- Serve with a drizzle of the Moroccan oil.
- Kcals: 237
- Fat: 26g
- Salt: 0.1g