By now, we’re pretty much convinced Janhvi Kapoor can wear anything. The upcoming actor wears sarees and lehengas without a problem, while regularly donning athleisure, sneakers etc. But the one piece she looks exceptionally great in? A trusty pair of jeans, which she’s opted to wear everywhere from airports to night outs.
If you’ve paid any attention to Janhvi’s style lately (or even if you haven’t), you may have noticed that she has one, very distinct go-to: Blue jeans. She wears them frayed and high-waisted, skinny and tight, cropped to show off her shoes, and even printed. Janvhi has rocked it all and rocked it well. She makes her much-awaited debut opposite actor Ishaan Khatter in filmmaker Karan Johar’s Dhadak.
On Thursday, Janhvi once again peaked our interest with her chic off-duty style. She was spotted wearing a white crop top that showed off her toned abs, which she paired with a black leather jacket, white sneakers and a pair of ripped blue jeans. As she met Nepalese-American designer Prabal Gurung at his New York showroom, Janhvi’s look showed how it’s often the simplest of swaps that take jeans to the next level.
We’ve learned more than a few things from observing Janhvi’s denim choices, like how to rock our favourite boots with jeans and the power of comfier, cosier straight legs and boyfriends cuts, and we think you could pick up a trick or two as well.
Check out seven times Janhvi donned denim, then copy her outfits when you’re at a loss for what to wear. Not quite your style? Not to fret: Anushka Sharma’s also a pro at rocking blue jeans, so just take your pick.
1. Pairing ripped denim with a black crop top, a sparkly clutch, and black boots
2. Whether you wear them with a basic tee, like Janhvi, or a dressy blouse, striped jeans look chic and polished
3. With a feminine white sleeveless top, a striking red handbag, and neutral pointy-toe heels
4. Janhvi wore a pair of ’70s-inspired high-waist flared jeans with patchwork on the front, a blush crop top, and heels on a vacation with her mother, late actor Sridevi
5. You might have been too distracted by Janhvi’s tiny crop top and tinier handbag, but we had our eyes on her skinny frayed high-rise jeans, which let her bright heels shine
6. Janhvi’s ultra-feminine summer-ready pink blouse and tan sling bag were the perfect complement to her polished high-rise jeans
7. Her sequin halter top made a simple jeans outfit a little extra special